Monday, November 12, 2007

Fixing Car = Puppy Rescue



Yesterday I had to take my car to the shop to get two windows fixed. (I love my power windows until they quit working.) When I got there, a cute little beagle puppy came out of the bushes to great me. He was wagging his tail like we were long lost buddies.

The shop owner explained someone had dumped the puppy off a few days earlier and it had taken up residence in the hedges in front of the shop. The building has a big overhang so it offered cover for the dog. He said every morning they got the dog a sausage biscuit from McDonald's. The owner told us the guy that brings them car parts was suppose to pick the dog up on Friday. I was glad to hear it was getting a good home.

At 4:45, the shop called to tell me my car was done. We had to hurry to pick it up before they closed at 5:00pm. Of course, the little puppy came out of the bushes to greet me. Those big brown eyes just melted my heart. I told the office girl I was going to come back with some food and water for the dog.

At 5:30, my husband and I went back with goodies for the dog and a rug for him to sleep on. He started eating that food so fast. I was afraid he would get a tummy ache. I felt better when I left knowing he had food, water, and a rug to sleep on.

Low and behold, last night severe storm warnings as well as a tornado warning was in effect for our area. I was so worried about the puppy. At 10:00 pm last night, my husband and I jumped in the car to go rescue the little guy. Again, he was so happy to see us. He loved riding in the car.

As soon as we got home, my husband put him in the tub and gave him a bath. He stood there so quietly. He seemed to enjoy getting clean. Wow...talk about smelling better.

We own two dogs. Meadow, the 3 year old german shephard/collie mix....didn't care for the puppy. Sara, the 9 month old, she loved the puppy. The two of the played and played and played. I had an extra doggie bed and set it up in the kitchen for the puppy. Finally about midnight I got all the dogs settled down. The puppy slept like a baby.

This morning the sky is blue and the sun is shining. My husband took the dog back to the shop before it opened. I'm going to check later this afternoon to see if that guy picked up the puppy. I want to make sure it has a home.

I knew there was some reason I picked that shop out of all that are in the area. It was to help that little puppy I named Kelly after my grandpa. I may never see him but I'll always remember those cute eyes and that wagging tail.

Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]

No comments: