Friday, November 30, 2007

Reading Another's Thoughts On Weight Loss Leads to More Questions

I bought a used book, Eating Disorders,(a new approach to treating anorexia, bulimia,and overeating) by Gregory Jantz, PH.D.. Each chapter has a section where you have questions and various writing exercises in which you are to express how you feel about such things as people, food, and feelings.

As I got into the question section of chapter one, I saw someone had already written in the book. Reading the responses, it was obvious this person was attempting to lose weight.

I could sense the despair, loneliness and isolation of this person in their writing. She/he wrote about their fear of certain foods and their obsession with others. This person constantly thought about weight loss but felt helpless.

I flipped through the rest of the book to see if their outlook had changed. Hoping to see a glimmer of self-worth expressed. This person never went past chapter 2.

I could see this person had more issues to deal with than just weight loss. Wishing I could give them a hug and tell her/him they are not alone.

I sit here wondering....where is this person today? How do they feel about themselves? Are they working on their issues? Are they experiencing success on their weight loss journey?

I'll say a prayer for them and have comfort knowing they are in God's Hands.

Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]

No comments: