Saturday, November 17, 2007

Burning Calories Working Outdoors

Friday Workout:

I took a break Thursday from working in the yard. I was back at on Friday. Late spring, we had a very hard frost and it killed some of our trees. We've had some pretty good winds last week and it several large dead limbs fell along the back part of the yard.

I took my trusty clippers and cut them up. I cut them so I could get them in the burn barrel without having to worry about starting the woods on fire. I cut and hauled, cut and hauled. I had to use a pruning saw on some of the branches that were too big for my clippers.

While I was burning the branches, I started raking up the leaves in the area the branches had fallen. I also raked a couple of the flower beds near the area. These dried leaves were great fuel to the fire.

After I got that area raked up, I took a shovel and went to the front of the house to pick up the dried weeds and plants I had gotten out of the flower bed on Wednesday. Although I put stuff on those fire ants, I was afraid there might be more in those piles of stuff. I chose to use the shovel and not get my hands or feet anywhere near the debris. I threw that stuff in the fire as well.

I worked out in the yard for about an hour and a half. I felt great when I finished. Looking at what I had accomplished made me feel pretty good as well.

I stayed and watched the burn barrel until it was at the smoldering stage. It was then time to hit the shower. My hair and clothes smelled like smoke.

I'm not sure how many calories I burned. I know I did some muscle building. I prefer yard work to a treadmill any day.

How I love this time of the year!!!!!

Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]

No comments: