Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Glad to be Home

I wish I had followed my gut instincts....I never wanted to make that trip to the Philippines....something told me to stay home. I'm kicking myself for not listening to that little voice.

It's easy to see through people when you are an observer and not emotionally attached. The only reason we were needed over there was so everything appeared proper at the big fancy wedding.

They put us up at a dive hotel near in the poor section of town. Last night when we got home I looked the place up on tripadvisor.com and found it was rated #24 out of 38..there were a few that weren't rated or it would probably have been lower. I know my son doesn't know anything about that country so it was his new wife that chose that place for us. (what a sweetie)

We had to take a taxi to the hotel they were staying at for the wedding. We did rate a ride to the church for the wedding with my son. When the wedding was over, we were left standing there not sure how we were suppose to get back to the hotel. We saw a subdivision with guards and walked over there so they could help us find a cab back to the hotel for the reception.

As we were leaving I said goodbye to my son and his bride. She said she wanted to see us the next day. (I knew that was a bunch of crap) Of course we never heard from them nor did they bother coming down to our hotel the next day. Her aunt called that evening because they were having a dinner honoring of the couple. I didn't bother going but my husband did. I'm sure glad I didn't, the kids didn't bother showing up. Her mother told Alex they were tired and went to their hotel to get some sleep. (So glad I listened to that little voice. I'd have told them what I thought of their false promises and their selfish self-centered daughter.)

I don't figure I'll ever see my son again. I hope he wears those rose-colored glasses for life...he is happy. That's what is important...his happiness.

Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]

No comments: