Saturday, October 20, 2007

Gaining Weight after Age 25

Did you know the average American gains 1 to 1.5 pounds each year after turning 25 years old. YIKES!! Let's see...I'm almost 57 so if I do the math, I'm still over the average weight gain. (Sighs)

As we grow older, we become more sedetary. To me that's normal. I've got ole "arthur" my neck and back crack like I'm breaking the wishbone of a chicken. My right leg also gives me fits. Needless to say, I just don't move like I use to. I know my big problem is the fact I can still get that fork to my mouth with no problem.

The solution is simple. To lose weight, a person has to consume less calories than they burn. Getting to that point is what isn't easy. That is why there are so many weight loss programs and "wonder" diet pills and supplements out there. Billions being made each year on the promises of these programs and products.

I have found that keeping a log of what I eat each day and the time has really been helpful in my weight loss program. No one knows your body better than you. Find a formula that works for you. It can be one you develop yourself.

If you have a hard time coming up with some menus, try the 28 day menu offered by T.O.P.S. (taking off pounds sensibly) The menu is free....so it's worth a try.

Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]

No comments: