Friday, September 14, 2007

Sizing Up Your Food Portions

It's hard to figure out what or how much makes up a portion when preparing your food. It's obvious I've had to many portions on my plate and that is why I'm now having to lose weight.

Here are a few samples of various food and what counts as a serving:

1. BREAD: 1 slice of toast, 1 ounce of boxed cereal, 1/2 cup cooked cereal, 1/2 bagel

2. VEGETABLES: 1 cup raw, leafy vegetables, 1/2 cup cooked vegetable

3. FRUIT: 1 med piece of fruit, 1/2 cup mixed fruit, 3/4 cup fruit juice

4. MILK: 1 cup milk or yogurt, 2 ounces of processed cheese

5. MEAT: 2-3 ounces cooked lean meat, poultry or fish (size of deck of cards)

6. OTHER FOODS: 1 egg, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1/3 cup nuts.

I have found that using a small size plate helps. It looks like you have a lot more to eat. For me, it's mind over matter. As a child I was always made to clean off my plate. I still live that way but have changed to a smaller plate. Some things are so ingrained, I just can't change. It's all about adapting to continue this successful weight loss journey.



Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]

No comments: