Thursday, September 6, 2007

Quit Smoking Anniversary

Time has gone by so fast. I can't believe it's been two years since I had my last cigarette. Actually it's July 28th is the official date. I am one of those awful reformed smokers. I hate the smell of smoke.

I tried so many different methods to quit smoking with no success. It was nothing to chew nicorette gum and have a cigarette with it. It seemed the more I tried to quit, the more I smoked. I was up to three packs a day when I put them down.

I finally realized, the only way I was going to be able to beat this addiction was with God's help. I prayed and prayed. I prayed for months....I only got seemed to get worse. I was about to give up. (I had quit once before for 5 years but started again the day my daughter died.)

I figured God was tired of me asking for stuff. Low and behold....I'll never forget that morning. I woke up and I had this feeling inside..... I can't even describe it. It was like this little voice said, today is the day you throw away those cigarettes. I told my husband and mom, "hey hey guys....today is the day.....I'm done smoking."

I still wasn't sure at first so I kept a carton in my drawer for about a month. I never had one temptation to have one. Since I had been smoking over three packs a day....I call that a miracle.

Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]

No comments: