Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lose Weight on the Dog Diet


I was reading an article in the Orlando Sentinal about Patti Lawson. author of The Dog Diet. Things happened in her life making her unhappy. (this happens to all of us) Like many of us, she turned to food for comfort.

She decided to get a dog to help relieve her loneliness. This was the beginning of the dog diet.
These are my two dogs, the newest addition, Sara 8 months old and Meadow 3 years old whom we got when she was 8 months old. My children are all grown and out of the house. These "girls" have added so much joy to our lives.

Tips from Lawson's book :
  1. When it comes to snacking, if your dog likes it, it's probably not good for you. ( When I eat cheddar cheese and sour cream potato chips, it's one for me, one for Meadow, and one for Sara.)
  2. Eat quiet foods that don't emit enticing aromas---they're good for you and won't arouse the beast in your dog. (My dogs never hang around me when I'm eating a salad.)
  3. Sure, you can walk your dog, but a traditional workout can be adapted to include your dog--you burn more calories and it's a lot more fun. (The dogs and I run around playing frisbee and ball in the yard. That wears us all out.)
It's all about having fun on your weight loss journey. Grab your dog and head for the yard. You'll both end up having a good time. (I've learned not to wear good clothes...my dogs love jumping up on me.)

Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]

No comments: