Monday, September 3, 2007

Eating Healthy ...It All Looks So Good

All the fruits and vegetables look so appetizing in this picture. Every week when I buy groceries, I always load up on all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables. They look so good in the produce department. My problem is, I tend to leave them in the crisper drawers or they get pushed to the back of the refrigerator. They don't see the light of day again until I clean out the refrigerator and toss the spoiled stuff out.

I've cut down on my candy and chip intake but still have a hard time increasing fresh vegetables and fruit. I'm losing weight slowly but I know if I would eat the fresh produce, I'd be a lot healthier.

The last time I tried to give blood, I was rejected. They told me I had low iron and that I was anemic. That sure suprised me. I was embarrassed when I left, wondering what the other people thought that were waiting to give blood. I'm sure they never for a minute thought a person my size would be rejected for being anemic.

I bought some women's One-a-day vitamins that day. I haven't tried to give blood since my last rejection. I'll try again in a couple of months.

I've hung an article on my refrigerator called: Fruits and Vegetables: Eating Your Way to 5 A Day to remind me to grab a bunch of grapes or a plum and forget eating leftovers when I want a snack.

Forty-two percent of the the American population eats less than two servings a day of fruit and vegetables. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans is five to nine servings in a day. We have a LONG way to go!!!

Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]

No comments: