Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Yard Work = Weight Loss + Bad Case of Poison Ivy/Oak


When I was in high school, I took Biology class. On our field trips, our teacher would point out the various poisonous plants. I don't know why I thought after 40 years, I knew what poison ivy and poison oak looked like. It's funny how are our thoughts can get skewed over the years. I found a great site that shows what poison ivy looks like in all 4 seasons.

I haven't posted to my blog lately because I have a bad case of poison ivy/oak. My face is covered and my right eye is so swollen. I have it all over my chest, arms and hands. It's hard to type because I just want to scratch everywhere. It's so itchy.

What is the best medicine for poison ivy/oak? How do I get rid of poison ivy.oak? What is the best treatment for poison ivy/oak? These are the things I thought about when I started breaking out.

I had gone to the doctor a couple of years ago and he gave me a prescription for predisone. I took it for a week and still was so bad I had to get another prescription. I decided I'd doctor myself for a week and see if it gets any better.

I've been enjoying working in the wooded area behind our back yard. It's such a great way to build muscles and lose weight while enjoying nature. I leery about going back in there.

I'm trying all kinds of things to help relieve the itching as well as trying to get the blisters to dry up. The various products I've been trying the past few days is Caladryl, Calamine Lotion, Anti-itch cream and antihistamine pills. I'm going to add vitamin C. I found a site in which people posted what has helped them get rid of poison ivy. Many people swear by vitamin C.

I'm off to apply some more anti-itch cream. (This is worse than my experiences with the fire ants.)

Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]