Thursday, November 22, 2007

Shopping While Wearing My Pedometer

Today I've got to take my mom to see the doctor. There are stores in that town we don't have here, so I always want to go shopping. With the price of gas going so high, I have been trying to be more organized with my trips to town.

I've already made out my list of stores and the things I need at each one. Of course, Lowe's is on the list. I love shopping there as much as my husband. That is a great store to do a lot of walking. In fact, it's a great place to push a cart around. The aisles are wide so it's easy to walk faster in that store. For the person that has trouble with their legs or balance...it's the perfect place to walk.

I've already put my Omron Pedometer in my pocket. I've got 7 stores to on my list for today. Hopefully I'll hit my 10,000 steps. This is the ideal number to hit everyday. I just don't do it enough.

I always feel better when I've gotten in a brisk walk. I get more done in the house as well. My energy level goes up and my mood is always better too. My problem is breaking old habits and starting new ones.

It's time to go. I'll stop back and post how many steps I walked on my trip this morning.

UPDATE:

We left around 9:15 am and got home at 4:00 pm. Mom's doctor appointment had good results. I got all the shopping done I had planned. I stopped to check my pedometer about noon. To my dismay, the battery had gone dead and the screen was blank. The battery is almost two years old so I guess it's time for a new one.

It's time to sit and relax!!

Read More...

[Source: Fatty Weight Loss]

No comments: